Sunday, March 3, 2013

Domestica


I have been trying really hard to be more..."domestic." You know, the dream wife. Well, I am far from that, but I have to pat myself on the back when I learn something new or I do something out of the ordinary. SO-Today's Sunday dinner special was Alaskan Salmon, and FRESH Asparagus with FRESH garlic which means YES I chopped up my own cloves of garlic! I usually just use garlic powder or something simple and quick. I also had no clue what I was doing with the asparagus, so I just kinda winged it. Started out with the asparagus and minced garlic in some oil...not much was happening, so I added some water and some butter and decided I could steam it. It worked! Tyler loved it! And the Salmon was delicious! After a little bit of salt and some pepper, it was perfect. I am pretty proud. Just don't look at my kitchen right now...I don't want to talk about it. :P It's probably the reason I don't cook big like this very often. Maybe when I have more kids and I can have them help me clean up. In other news...I go on a field trip for school next weekend to Salt Lake to tour some preschools! That will probably be my next post. Nervous about how Paxton and Tyler will do at night without me.

1 comment: